Monday, October 22, 2007

Prayer Update - 10/22/07



Wow! I am in Cluj, Romania today and just finished a great day of staff training with the new staff team here. I shared some leadership training materials on the subjects of Caring For Ministry Leaders, Effective Teamwork in Ministry and Being an "Equipper" Rather Than a "Doer." The team really responded well and I really feel God will use their unique set of gifts and abilities in amazing ways.

The weekend was incredible, too. On Sunday, I got to share with a group of around 200school age children in a large Pentecostal church here in Cluj. Afterward, we observed a teacher of 5th graders who was using the materials our EGM partners have produced here. She is a direct product of the training and mentoring she's received through the Romanian staff here and the American summer ministry teams that have come to her church. What a joy to see her effectiveness in sharing God's Word with the kids and to know you and I had a small part in that!

In the afternoon, I was invited to share at the Hungarian Baptist Church. It seems strange to be in a Hungarian service while in Romania, but there is actually quite a large community of Hungarians in Romania and the Hungarian Baptist Union has a large number of churches. It was great to share with them and thank them for their part in the ministry of reaching the children (this is the church of one of our staff members). Following the service, we enjoyed an AMAZING Hungarian dinner! MMMMMMMM!

Tomorrow morning, I'm off to Kiev, Ukraine and am counting on your continued prayers for me. Igor Fridrikh and I will be sharing with denominational and church leaders about the launch of our minstry in this country. It's my first time there.

I spoke to Julie via the computer for a brief moment a few moments ago and things are going well at home. She even had our grandson, Noah, at the house for the weekend! (I'm jealous!) She thanks you for your prayers, as well. She's busy coordinating the trip I will make with the team going to Oaxaca in the south of Mexico (a children's workers training event) November 12-17. It's so great to have her there, seeing to the details of the ongoing work of EGM and coordinating communications. I'm so thankful for her.

God bless you for your ministry of prayer!

Joe
Ps. 25:4,5


No comments: