Friday, October 27, 2006

Prayer Update - 10/27/06



Hello, praying friends.

I'm in Budapest, Hungary today, participating in a training course for those who lead our children's ministry training conferences here in Hungary. This morning 9 Hungarian children's ministry leaders will gather in the EGM Hungary office for the 2 day training event. I just completed my time in Romania where I participated in a conference for children's workers. I can't begin to tell you in words what it meant to hear their hearts to reach the children and learn the incredible difficulty under which some of them are doing ministry.

I thought I'd share a few photos with you so you can see what it is you're praying for. You are all so precious to me. I wish I could have had you along. The pictures are:


1. Some of the precious children's ministry leaders enjoying a workshop I led on how to really love children through the problems they face and help them share their feelings through the process, this was a completely revolutionary idea to most of them, I later found out.




2. My translator, Alex, and I sharing in the first large group session about foundations of effective children's ministry work.



3. They loved the crafts I brought over for them so another workshop leader could show the teachers how to use crafts to teach the truths of God's Word.




4. The required group picture - all participants and conference speakers.




5. The team that led the conference - a mixture of Romanian national leaders and EGM staff from the USA. By the time the conference was completed, we'd forgotten which was which! Praise the Lord for the opportunity to serve alongside such quality people. The lady in the black on the back row shared so many wonderful stories of serving the Lord under the years of communism - questioning by the police, smuggling Bibles, imprisonment of many friends, etc. We were praising the Lord for the privilege of having this conference in freedom!


Thanks so much for sending me here to these faithful children's ministry leaders! I return to the States on October 29/30 and will leave again for Chile on November 1. This is a fruitful but heavy time of ministry and Julie and I are both feeling the wear and tear! Thanks for lifting us up in prayer!!

Appreciating you as never before,

Joe Cox


No comments: